Subject: Re: [amos-list] Inserting data into memory banks
From: Dale Hymanyk <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:29:52 -0600

From:	Dale Hymanyk <[email-masked]>

Hi Declan,

I'm not sure how you're going about this task, but have you tried the Insstr$
command from AMCAF? I did something similar to this a few years ago(converting
HPGL plotter files to an ancient form of binary compressed code so I could use
an OLD HP plotter with the Amiga). For that I used the Ldos ext especially the
Lreplace command. I basically loaded the entire file into a bank using Sload
did the Lreplace and Insstr$ stuff and then saved the whole mess in one
operation with Ssave. As I recall it workedd really well, though others will
probably have a truely elegant solution.

Hope this helps.

Dale

Declan Gorman wrote:

> From: "Declan Gorman" <[email-masked]>
>
> Hello all,
>   I have a bit of a dilemma with a new project I have just started.
> Firstly, the project is just a small utility that reads digest emails
> created at onelist.com and converts them to Amigaguide files.  So my program
> looks for specific keywords and adds the appropriate amigaguide command text
> into the email which is stored in memory.  Once complete the amigaguide file
> is saved to disk.
>
>   The problem that I am having is that when I add the amigaguide command
> text to the file it over-writes existing text and what I want is to insert
> it and move everything else along not unlike a text editor.  I am thinking
> that I will have to copy parts of the memory bank but am checking if there
> is an easier way to do it.  Any ideas?
> Thanks.
>
> Declan.

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

Your anytime, anywhere sports store. Fogdog Sports.
<a href=" http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/fogdog1 ">Click Here</a>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html